Aloe vera is good for tattoos as it has revitalizing and calming properties. It is among the best organic safeguarding antidotes for tattoos to relieve pain and keep tattoos clean.
When you are having a tattoo and looking for some natural products to care for your tattoo and pondering is Aloe Vera good for tattoos, here comes the answer. Let’s find out in this article if Aloe Vera is good for your tattoos or not.
Tattoos require aftercare with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and moisturising characteristics, which Aloe Vera possesses. You can use a tiny amount of aloe gel or juice on your tattoo and see how effective it is.
Tattoos need to heal delicately, and Aloe Vera helps to keep the skin soft, particularly if the tattoo is scarping that occurs during healing.
Why Do You need To Take Care Of Your Tattoo?
Tattoos heal with time and require some endeavour to keep them free of bacteria, inflammation, and acheless. They will be bright for more duration if maintained properly. Here comes your saviour for all these problems i.e. Aloe Vera.
With good care, tattoos look charming. Keep them clean, dry and moisturized to heal properly and stay soft. Tattoos should be cared for properly or certain aftermaths can follow. Less moisture in that particular place may make it scratchy or stinging and rubbing it can lead to inflammation.
Dryness results in cracking, thereby changing the appearance of your tattoo after recovery. We know that healing is necessary for your tattoo and Aloe Vera can aid in the healing process.
Is Aloe Vera Good For Tattoos?
Aloe Vera has many qualities that make it good for tattoos.
- Aloe Vera is a powerful antiseptic, analgesic, and antimycotic making it very useful for tattoos that are prone to infections. Aloe Vera has antiseptic ingredients such as sulfur, cinnamic acid, and salicylic acid that act against viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
- Keep your tattoo clean and apply Aloe Vera for getting relief from any irritation. Aloe is also used for tanning as it is very refreshing. You can get relief from an aching tattoo by applying Aloe Vera to it.
- It will be soothing due to the cooling effect Aloe gives. Lotions or ready-to-use ointments cannot give such relief as is given by Aloe Vera. Aloe is penetrable. Tattoos require breathing to release moisture that causes infection. Aloe allows the tattoo to breathe without catching moisture
- Some may believe that Aloe Vera gel hydrates the skin, but it should be scentless. While others have an opinion of not using Aloe Vera on your tattoo as Aloe products may lack ingredients necessary for the healing of tattoos.
- Aloe Vera is good for tattoos because it has mucilage tissue made of glycoproteins that reduce inflammation and pain. You may experience discomfort after your tattoo that can be relieved using Aloe Vera. Also, mucilage can cure both external and internal injuries.
- Any injury caused in making a tattoo can be healed by using Aloe Vera as Aloe Vera helps to heal wounds. Use the moisturisers advised by your tattoo artist on your tattoo as at times Aloe Vera can remove or fade the ink.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, use the products suggested by your artist.
How To Use Aloe Vera On Tattoos?
Always ask your tattoo artist about the aftercare and when to start it. Natural aloe vera is really safe to use on your tattoo, but with the approval of your tattoo artist only.
Wash and dry the skin gently, and smear plenty of aloe gel on the tattoo. Then, wrap it with a clean dressing to protect it. Always buy the best Aloe Vera product for your tattoos with 100% Aloe without any added chemicals or dyes.
Various Aloe Products to Use on Tattoos
Aloe Vera can be used in various forms, but Aloe Vera gel can be easily procured from the market. Various Aloe Vera products to use on tattoos are:
- Aloe moisturising gel
- Aloe sunscreen SPF
- Aloe Vera ointment
- Aloe Vera gel
- Aloe antibacterial foam
- Aloe tattoo balm
How to Keep Your Tattoo Safe and Clean?
To keep your tattoo safe and clean, look after it consistently.
Some points to help you keep your tattoo safe and clean for a long duration are as follows :
Itching and scarring can occur after tattooing because of dryness. To avoid this keep yourself hydrated by having enough water and use Aloe Vera to keep your tattoo moisturized.
Take bath regularly
Take a bath regularly to keep your skin clean using soap. Wash your tattoo two or three times a day as your tattoo is recovering. Also, your tattoo is prone to infection, you can avoid this by washing your skin regularly.
Dry your skin appropriately after washing it and smear aloe Vera to prevent itching and to keep your skin smooth.
Use Delicate Clothes
When you have a tattoo, wear delicate clothes, when it is recovering as anything harsh can hurt the tattoo ink. Avoid clothes made up of wool and other rough fabrics.
Q1. Does Aloe Vera Fade Tattoos?
Ans:Aloe doesn’t fade tattoos and can be safely used for scarring and inflammation as well. It can also protect your tattoo against infections.
Q2. Is There An Alternative For Aloe Vera?
Ans: As an alternative to Aloe Vera, use coconut oil as it helps in eliminating the dryness of your tattoo and also protects it against infections. Coconut oil also keeps your tattoo radiating.
The Final Thoughts
You can use Aloe Vera for your tattoo for its calming effects, but it is good to ask your tattoo artist or doctors before doing so. Follow the instructions given by the artist regarding your tattoo to maintain it for a long time period and also to avoid any infections.